Business ResourcesSoftware, Articles, Links & More
Enjoy the following helpful hints, suggestions, links and cool stuff.
We’ve tried to think of everything our current and future clients might find useful when it comes to our world. We hope you find them as useful as we have. If you need help finding something that is not listed here, please contact us and describe what you are trying to find and we will do our best to help.
Please read and check all software before installing.
Computers were supposed to make our lives easier.
They still can, when you have the right software.
Notes, To Do Lists & more.
The software options below allow you to install in on all of your electronic devices, including computers, tablets and phone. Then you can access all of your notes, to-do lists and more. The software automatically syncs all files to all devices. If you share folders with co-workers or family members, you can collaborate on the same documents.
Keeping your web browser up to date is the best way to guarantee that what you are supposed to see on a website is accurate. If a website doesn’t load or looks odd, chances are the browser needs an update or the web site code is really old. Sometimes a web site will load differently in different browsers. Use this handy website to Update your OUTDATED Browser.
The most common browsers are:
- Google Chrome
- Mozilla Firefox
- Microsoft Edge (formerly Internet Explorer)
- Apple Safari
Cloud Software / Storage
Storing your files ‘off-site’ is a great, almost mandatory idea. There are a lot of choices out there. We have listed the 2 most common ones below. If you want to compare the top 10 for yourself, check out cloudwards.net.
- Open Office – Free Word processing, spreadsheets, presentations, graphics, databases and more.
- Google Docs – Free Word processing, spreadsheets, presentations, databases and more.
- Adobe Acrobat Reader Keep up with this Free software update to be able to view PDF documents.
- FreshBooks Cloud Accounting
- Wave Accounting
Your computer is a great tool but not when its not working it can be very frustrating.
The following links will help yo support your own problems or help you help those that support you.
Website down? Or is it?
- When you browse to a website you know you have visited before and it’s not working, you don’t know who to blame, Is it your internal system? Is it the web hosting company, or is it the internet down? Check out this site and type in the domain. It will tell you right away if the site is down for JUST you or EVERYONE.
What is my IP Address?
- If you are having issues and need to call your tech support or your internet service provider (ISP), they might ask you questions, like “what is your IP address?” Here is a site that will help you determine what it is.
How to clear cache?
- Your internet browser’s cache stores certain information about webpages you visit, so that they’ll load more quickly in the future. Here are instructions with screenshots on how to clear the cache for all major browsers.
What software am I running?
- Find out what Operating System, Internet Browser and What your IP Address is one step.
For us, working via email and or instant messaging works best.
We know it can be easier to phone, but then we need to try and write down everything said on the phone. That;s when mistakes can happen. Here are some free Email Programs and Instant Messaging applications you can use.
When adding photos to any website starting with a large image is good. Keep in mind that the average screen resolution is 1366 pixels wide by 768 pixels tall. This means that when you go to a website on your computer, before you have to scroll down to see more information on that website, the screen size is about 1366 x 768.
So if you upload an image that is 800 pixels wide, then it will take up over half of the screen width. Web browser code can make the image smaller, but you shouldn’t rely on the browser code to do this because this will cause the website to load slowly as the computer will have to do this more often and thus slow the overall loading of a website.
The free software below will get you started to start resizing your images and reducing the overall file size so they load quicker on websites.
Paint.NET is free image and photo editing software for PCs that run Windows. It features an intuitive and innovative user interface with support for layers, unlimited undo, special effects, and a wide variety of useful and powerful tools.
FastStone Photo Resizer is an image converter and renaming tool that intends to enable users to convert, rename, resize, crop, rotate, change color depth, add text and watermarks to images in a quick and easy batch mode. Drag and Drop mouse operation is well supported
Resize, rotate, rename your photos in batches. Apply your resizing in just 3 easy steps to hundreds of photos at a time.